Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to work

Well, this is week 2 of work since having the baby, and I've already kind of cheated since week 1 was Thanksgiving. It's been harder than I thought it would be. Not that I didn't expect to be sad, but the gut-wrenching feeling that I get when I leave Simon in the mornings is more acute than I expected. Even during maternity leave I figured I would be okay with the balance, but for the first time I kind of feel like I should be at home with him. Unfortunately, that's just not an option, financially, so I'm trying to get used to the back and forth. I have my digital frame scrolling through pictures on my desk and I know Simon is safe at home.

We are doing a nanny share with another family who has a daughter almost the exact same age as Simon. They live nearby and we are alternating care at our homes weekly. The nice thing is that we needed to start 2 weeks before them, so Simon and the nanny, Lisa, are getting to know each other these 2 weeks before the other little girl starts next week. And every Monday will just be Simon, so that will make the start of each week a little easier for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment