Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pregnancy update


I haven't really posted about the pregnancy, so here's a quick update of where we are.

I will be 16 weeks on Sunday, and just saw my doctor earlier this week for my monthly check-in. Everything is looking good, and I just got back the results of an integrated genetics screening and it came back negative for any indications of problems, which is wonderful!

We scheduled the big anatomy ultrasound for 6/28...26 days until we know if it's a boy or a girl! We can't wait...

We bought a doppler to use at home and can listen to the baby's heartbeat, which is so cool and reassuring. I think I might be starting to feel the slightest movements, but it's hard to tell at this point.

We bought Simon a big brother book and he loves to point out babies in books and out in the world. He knows to pat my belly when I ask where the baby is, but I don't think there's any real comprehension of what is happening yet.

So that's what's going on, here are a few ultrasound pics from the last few months.

At approx 9 weeks:


At Approx 11 weeks--not a great picture, but for what it's worth the head is on the left and the crosshairs show the crown-rump length.



No comments:

Post a Comment