Saturday, June 30, 2012

My helper

Simon and I had a really fun day today, and he was a big helper for me.

He and I have been baking a lot together, he loves it and it's a really nice way to spend time together, just the two of us.We've made a few different kinds of fruit muffins and recently we moved onto banana bread. I am well aware that Simon is primarily in it for the batter--he always asks when the mixture turns into batter, at which point little fingers dive into the bowl immediately. He also asks to lick the spoon when we're done, and by lick the spoon, he means dip and lick, repeatedly. But he also just really enjoys helping and being a part of things, so I got a few shots today to share.

Here he is eating the batter...


Helping dry the dishes...


And, because he was such a good helper in the kitchen, I asked if he would kindly crawl under the table and dust the baseboard. I didn't think he do it, but hey, free labor!


1 comment: