Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Simon and the potty--update

I just needed to share the email we got from Simon's teacher this afternoon:

Simon has been doing great today! He has been going to the bathroom every half hour and has had no accidents. I sensed a little resistance towards me asking him to go use he toilet. So, I went ahead and used a timer to tell him when to go. I begin by asking him if he wanted to go now or in one minute. He always says one minute. So, I am having him push the button on the timer and hold onto it u til it beeps. When it beeps he willingly goes over to the bathroom and goes potty. I have also been prepping him during our transitions going in and outside that he will be expected to go. He has been very accepting of that as we create a new routine for him. During circle time before lunch he said he had to go potty and went on his own.

When he does go potty he is able to go into the restroom and go independently. The first time I helped him get on the potty, but since have not needed to. He is very independent in there and even asks for privacy, so we close the door for him. He has yet to have a BM today, but says he has done it in his potty at home. When he does go here will will be helping clean up after. 

Colleen

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with Simon's progress from diapers to underwear. Go Simon!

    ReplyDelete