Monday, January 30, 2012

January

It's been a very busy January! As I've written about already, we had some visitors early in the month and we've been back and forth with Nate for all his medical stuff. But we've been doing a lot of other fun things in the meantime!

We got some snow, rare for Seattle, and it was actually enough to make a real snowman! Simon liked it, but he is clearly a Seattle kid...he didn't get that he had to wear mittens the whole time to keep his hands warm and didn't really know how to walk in the snow. And we are clearly Seattle parents--we had no snow pants, boots or waterproof mittens for him. So out he went in jeans over pj bottoms, rainboots and knit mittens.






And in a brilliant move, I bought a used pair of snowbibs for Simon on the day that all the snow melted...so Simon wore them to play the keyboard inside. And he must have known he looked cute in these--he handed me my camera and made me take pictures!


Nate and I chose to ignore the snow and stay inside for a few days...and we took naps.


Speaking of Nate, he is smiling more and more, both in response to our smiles and on his own, at his favorite toys. Here are a few of his sweet smiles.




And I have to mention Nate's hair...the classic infant fauxhawk:


And this was exciting--Simon went to his very first kiddie birthday party! His friend from school, Jack, turned 3, and Dad took Simon to the party. They had cupcakes, facepainting and Simon had a great time!



So that was our January! But before I sign off...I had to share one last look from Nate, who likes to try and focus on the geometric pattern on the back of my phone when I take his picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment